Parenting Arrangements

When parents separate, a child or children may live with one parent and spend time with the other parent or there may be a shared care arrangement.  Sometimes a grandparent or other person significant in the child’s life may either have the child live with or spend significant time with them.  Parenting arrangements can be documented by way of a Parenting Plan, Form 11 Application for Consent Orders or by application to the Family Court.  Parties are usually required to attend mediation prior to initiating Family Court proceedings, except in a number of special circumstances.